Saturday, November 26, 2005

Fix Me


Here is a beautiful painting by Lord Frederic Leighton called Flaming June. I feel peaceful whenever I look at it.

Well, I had a lovely Thanksgiving. Plenty of food, family and laughs. I must have played 100 games of either Scrabble or Boggle. Unfortunately, I began to feel sick Thursday night and have not felt well since. It's a stomach thing and I hope it will go away soon. I'm wasting my long weekend. Gah!

On Monday I leave for my business trip to Las Vegas. I'll be back on Wednesday evening so I'll share all my witty and adventurous stories about my trip then (yes, that was sarcasm).

7 comments:

Victoria Alt said...

Feel better and have a great time in Vegas!

Her Daddy's Eyes said...

This is my favorite painting! I have a huge framed print in my living room! I feel in love with it when I saw it the first time! It has such a beautiful history.

~Eyes

Zoozan said...

I love the over-the-top romanticism of the pre-raphaelites. I live just a few miles away from the house that William Morris lived in. It's a museum now and full of beautiful furniture and paintings

"Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful".

~William Morris

WDKY said...

Have a safe journey, and a great time. And I wish your tummy better.

Mad Munkey said...

Sigh.

WDKY said...

I used to have a print of this... unfortunately, Athena ( a chain over here) mass-produced it in the 80's and 90's in very cheap frames, but it's actually beautiful.

Hill Billy Rave said...

I think she has nice hips for a painting. I hope you feel better soon.