Thursday, December 29, 2005

On The Road

I am currently sitting in my hotel room in San Diego, CA. My boss requested late last week I go to Yuma, AZ. What a Christmas present! This is the first chance since Tuesday I've been able to even turn on my laptop. I flew into San Diego and drove to Yuma for a night and now I'm back in San Diego. I have to say the weather is fine, a mild 70 degrees in Yuma. The desert was beautiful and I was able to see a whole lot of it during the drive. I'm heading home tomorrow thankfully.

Christmas was nice, the kids really had a blast, but there is always a little part of me that's glad it's over. It's always so stressful and busy.

I would love to take advantage of the San Diego nightlife but I don't have it in me. I just want to get home.

People are yelling outside my hotel room. They sound drunk and I hope they aren't staying next to me. God, I'm getting old.

7 comments:

WoodChuck said...

I went to San Diego this Summer for a conference. It was in June and I'd never heard of the weather phenomenon called June Gloom. It's like the whole month is clouded over and the temp never seems to go above or below 70 degrees.
I loved the restored district. We explored all the great places to eat. Hope you got to enjoy some too.
You're not getting old. Maybe you like stability a bit more.
Happy 2006.

Earth Rooster said...

I am in San Diego at least once a year. Chuck, I made the mistake of going to SD during June Gloom once, it sucks!
There are a lot of cool places to go, for the night life, if you do feel interested.

Mad Munkey said...

Alas, you missed the pleasures of the Gas Lamp district.

Annalis said...

Chuck - Happy 2006 to you! I've never heard of the June gloom. Good to know.

ER - I wished I'd known that I would have asked you where to go.

MM - Actually, I did make it to the Gas Lamp district. It had a really good vibe about it. We went to a coffee/hooka (sp?) bar. I didn't try the hooka but it looked cool.

Earth Rooster said...

My buddy Kent, from the blog Right From Left, live in RB. About 30 minutes north-east of downtown.

Hill Billy Rave said...

Annalis, stop that "getting old" stuff. I can tell by reading your blog you have a labido so that is not getting old. I'm glad you enjoyed your trip, hope the drunks didn't bother you ans HAPPY NEW YEARS!

8 Letters...Dang!

WDKY said...

What a bummer to have had to travel for work. Get home safely.