Friday, December 16, 2005

Communication

I am a firm believer in constant and open communication. Now I said, I'm a firm believer; I never said I practice constant and open communication. This is what I strive for everyday. I struggle with communicating my wants, my dreams, my goals in life. I will find my voice, I must find it or I will always be lacking.

Movement, objects, speech, and words.
We communication through gross symbols.
We call them "objective,"
But we cannot escape our point of view.
~365 Tao

7 comments:

WoodChuck said...

That's a great goal. I think one of the missing components in our communication is really polished listening. How well do we hear. How well do we really invite another into our confidence. I think this really greases the wheel for great communication.

Annalis said...

Excellent point, Chuck. What's the saying, "Are you listening to your listening" or something like that. I'm actually a better listener than communicator. People always want to talk to me when they are having problems. Ask me for advice, etc. Funny that.

Zoozan said...

Listening skills is one of the things I teach. Teaching it is a doddle, practising it is another matter - especially when it comes to my daughters

Annalis said...

Zombie - Haha, I actually thought of using that exact wording as the title!

Her Daddy's Eyes said...

I've been trying to be a better listener hoping it will make me a better communicator. I'm not doing too well though. :(

I LOVE the quote!

~Eyes

HMT said...

If you forget about the past and future, this goal will be easier to attain.

just a suggestion

cheers :)

Annalis said...

HMT - Easier said than done, but you're right. Thanks for stopping by.