Sunday, January 01, 2006

2006

I hope everyone had a wonderful new year's eve. I hope you all toasted the new year in right with friends, family and loved ones.

My celebration was bittersweet. I look forward to moving forward with my life in 2006, but I realize getting there will be very difficult. It didn't help that I spent part of it with my soon to be ex. Every year we spend it with friends and in our effort to make everything "normal" for the kids this holiday season there I was, uncomfortable and wishing to be anywhere else. Pretending everything is fine in front several people who know you well enough to know it's bullshit is really difficult.

I plan on starting this year positive with hope and grace. Remind me of this after my next rant....

Cheers!

8 comments:

Earth Rooster said...

Happy New Year to you as well. Soon your soon-to-be-ex will be a thing of the past and you can move on. Here's wishing you a better future in 2006.

Her Daddy's Eyes said...

I've worked very hard during 2005 to make things more real and have stopped pretending. It's a beautiful feeling to let things go. Hard as hell to left go...but well worth every bit of struggle. I wish you the best on this great journey. You'll be all the better in the end!
Cheers!
~Eyes

Zoozan said...

you are ever graceful

Annalis said...

ER - Thank you and I can't wait. 2006 may be difficult but I am so glad to finally be moving forward.

Eyes- I haven't figured out how to stop pretending. I'm damn well going to learn! I'm so tired.

Zoozan - That's a big compliment coming from you. Thank you!

WoodChuck said...

There's a place between pergatory and hell. It's pretending all's well. There's an art & science between honesty and making the best of a $#!tty situation. We can all improve on this but never perfect it.

I wish you peace in the midst of the struggle.

Annalis said...

Chuck - What a perfectly appropriate comment. Thank you for your kind words.

Mad Munkey said...

I feelz for ya'

Annalis said...

MM - Hey there! Thanks.