Thursday, January 12, 2006

I have been so busy I can't see straight. What a trip. I know I've said this before, but going to Las Vegas for business is really tough. Working all day and pretending you are on vacation at night just sucks the life out of ya. I did see a couple of cool things this time around. I stayed "Downtown" this time and witnessed CSI taping an episode right in front of the Golden Nugget. They had a dead body on the ground and an actor with it but I don't know who it was, not one of the regulars.

I also watched, although not in person, the implosion of the old Castway Hotel. It was done early Wednesday morning and I caught it on the news, I could hear and feel the vibration as it happened.

I have to say that I have yet to win any money in Las Vegas, not only do I not win but I can't even break even. Oh well, I had a blast. I've also noticed that the dealers aren't as friendly as they are in Tahoe or Reno. They all looked bored and half pissed off.

I do love Las Vegas it just has that seedy edge and potential for debauchery that appeals.

2 comments:

WDKY said...

Remember that we must never go gambling together, Anna - my record's about as good as yours. I wouldn't mind going imploding though - sounds like lots of fun.

Glad you're back safely, by the way... weekend soon!

Zoozan said...

potential for debauchery ........hmmm I can dream of a bit of debauchery