Friday, March 10, 2006

Slut?

Now before I get started, I’d like to say that being a slut is not derogatory. If you embrace your inner slut or inner whore, I find this to be a wonderful and liberating thing. On the other hand, it can be a painful reminder of days past.

In my teens and early twenties being considered a slut or a whore was tantamount to being a leper where I grew up. You are allowed to have dirty thoughts or to talk about sex, but if you actually followed through your reputation was ruined. When girls are labeled a slut or whore, they immediately have less girlfriends and a whole lot more boy friends. Funny that. Looking back maybe I should have had more sex, but honestly most of the boys I had sex with didn’t know what the heck they were doing so sex just wasn’t that great. In fact, I always wondered what these girls were getting out of the experience. Now I know. Lucky early bloomers!

I have now found and embraced my inner slut. It took me 36 years. I enjoy having sex, talking about it, writing about it, and thinking about it. Will I be respected for it? Will I be seen as an object or just less? These questions do come to mind time to time and any kind of confrontation can be painful. I think you get to a certain age and it’s much less important. Right now, I just plan to enjoy.

6 comments:

ArtfulDodger said...

That's called maturity Annalis. Enjoying yourself and having fun sexually is an important part of who we are, suppressing that side is just as bad as suppressing a talent, or a sense of humor, or something else. We wouldn't do that? There is a difference between sleeping around and embracing your inner slut, the two don't have to go together. Thinking like a slut and actually being one are different things. I say have fun and enjoy the empowerment that comes from maturity. :)

Hill Billy Rave said...

Yeah, I'm embrasing my inner Rockabillyhillbillynerd. You never hear anyone embrasing their inner Bore or Inner Drag. No one wants to be freinds with them. Fortunatly, your neither, so cheer the heck up.

Kent said...

You're just a fun girl.

XOXO

Annalis said...

Art - Maturity? Is that what it is? I guess I'm still a late bloomer.

AI - Heh heh, yes not many folks embracing their inner bitch either.

Kent - *wink*

PM - Yes, it would be perfect to find someone whom I care deeply for and have exceptional sex. I guess I'll just have to experiment a bit to get there and I plan to have fun doing it.

WDKY said...

We all have so many facets, and knowing/understanding them is a good thing. And, as I just posted, being sexually aware is fundamental in my opinion. Respect isn't the issue, and anyway as long as you respect yourself you've cracked it.

Desireous said...

Amen Sister Slut!

Hugs
Des