Monday, October 24, 2005

Rainy Monday

It's raining and it's Monday. Yeah!

Recap of my weekend -

Friday:
I'll start with Friday since it was a good day. My friend called me up while I was driving into work.

Me: hello
K: Are you at work yet?
Me: No, I just left Starbucks after waiting 20 minutes in the drive thru lane (note to self: drive thru sucks, get your lazy ass out of the car and go inside next time).
K: So do you want to play hooky?
Me: Huh?
K: Do you want to play hooky?
Me: (ever responsible) No, I can't I have reports to run and distribute, etc. etc. (my fault since I procrastinated all flippin week), but I can leave early. I'll meet you at 12:00.
K: Great! Let's go shopping.

So, we met and had lunch at California Pizza Kitchen. We split a Pear and Gorgonzola Pizza (yeah, it's California cuisine) it was tasty. We also had a Sam Adams to wash it down. Then we shopped. Never shop for jeans after pizza and beer. Enough said. I still found plenty to buy and enjoyed myself immensely.Went home and had a date with my latest book, Grave Sight by Charlene Harris. Good read!

Saturday:
My car decides to die at a stoplight. I freak. I hate, hate car trouble with a white hot passion. I mean I will sell my car if I think it's about to give me a bunch of mechanical problems. I loath dealing with mechanics, but because I have to drive to hell and back everyday I take it in and what do you know!! They can't find anything wrong. If I stall on the bridge, someone is going to get hurt. Anyone that drives across the bridges here in the Bay Area can appreciate my pain.

So, that night I meet a friend at a restaurant/bar. I am waiting for her at said bar, a guy comes in and sits next to me. I'm checking him out, because why the heck not. I look him in the eye and say hello. I have a pet peeve about people who won't look you in the eye. So, we chat a bit. Nothing to interesting, weather etc. Then unexpectedly he asks if I'm single.
Guy: So, are you single?
Me: Wow that was direct. (yes, I was stalling)
Guy: I am very direct. Less bullshit.
Me: OK. I can respect that. Because I respect that, I'll be honest and tell you I'm going through a divorce.
Guy: Oh.

Now get this...he gets up and leaves!! No goodbye, no I'm not interested. Sweet Christ I think I need to move away from this yuppie city. Good thing I didn't mention I had kids he would have run screaming.

Sunday:
Pretty uneventful. Spent some time at the park with the kids. Spent some time on Craig’s List looking for a new place to live. I love Craig’s List. Where else can you get a used treadmill, job, apartment, date, or just a casual encounter (NSA sex). Who doesn't want to be a missed connection? I can spend hours there.

No comments: