Monday, October 31, 2005

Just Breathe

Well, I'm another year older. After 30, birthdays just go down hill. Instead of a big party or celebration all I really want to do is sit in a dark room and weep over my lost youth. I will not grow old gracefully. Yeah, yeah, youth is a state of mind, blah, blah, blah. After my pity party I feel guilty. I'm healthy, have beautiful kids and am somewhat sane. I'm not taking any meds, yet. I have a lot to live for and generally enjoy life. So I'm going to get off my ass. Hoo-boy. Maybe I do need meds at minimum a few cocktails. I'm rambling.

Since it's Halloween my company decided to have a dress up day. Now, I enjoy dressing up for Halloween parties, but not for work. You have to wear your costume all freaking day and after I drop off the kids and pick up my coffee I am already sick of my costume. Unless you're a hippy, which is lame, most costumes are not comfortable for all day wear. Plus it has to be work appropriate, the french maid outfit stays in the closet. I opted to not dress up today and only about 3 people total came in costumes. Pathetic. Although, the free lunch was nice.

I just started a yoga class and I like it. I can do this bare foot and without a jog bra! Why now? I have no idea. I'm pissed I didn't try it sooner. In the past if I went to the gym I joined the step class or at least kickboxing. Which was fine, but yoga is just more enjoyable. It kicks my ass, but I feel really good afterwards.

3 comments:

Mad Munkey said...

Sorry, all I caught was French Maid.

WDKY said...

I fancy yoga too. It's so hard to find the time, but maybe after the New Year...

Do any guys do your class?

Annalis said...

Yes, a couple of guys do attend the class, but it's mostly women.