Saturday, February 25, 2006

Dark

I've been a bit depressed. I have certainly been drawn to the darker side of life lately. Even the photo's I've chosen to add to my posts have all been dark. Sometimes I don't even believe it's happening until I look around me and realize that I've been absent. Sort of on a mental break if you will. I keep up all the appearances and the routine of my life so no one's the wiser, but it's all pretend.

I have a good life and I am lucky, this I know. But damn, it can be so difficult sometimes to just be real and stop pretending everything is fine. I specialize in that, you know. I am a rock. Unfortunately, I am a rock buried deep in the soil. It's dark and I am working my way to the surface. I see the light and I know I am close.

4 comments:

ArtfulDodger said...

I guess it depends on what kind of rock you are sweetie. Some rocks like the warm embrace of the soil and some prefer the bright light of a warming sun. The sad rocks are the ones that fight against their nature. And of course, being on the surface means birds can poop on you! :)

WDKY said...

Anna, isn't this the human condition? Life can be something of a difficult journey at times, and pretending otherwise makes no sense. Recognising this is healthy, and understanding yourself is fundamentally important.

If I can help in any way I'm only an email away.

Annalis said...

art - thanks, I think...

wdky - yes, you're correct although it doesn't seem very healthy most of the time. :)

WoodChuck said...

It's inherent to an artist temperament to walk through periods like this. Creativity is messy. Hopefully the clouds and rain will clear soon.