Friday, April 07, 2006

N Is For Nothing

Don’t you hate it when you want to post something fantastic and all you can come up with is trivial stuff that no one cares about? Stuff you don’t even care that much about. Well friends, that’s all I got. Consider yourself warned and please try to refrain from falling asleep.

~ It’s still raining. Yes, it’s been raining steady for the last month with no end in sight. Mudslides. Flooding. Road closures. A veritable paradise for weather men/women around the Bay Area.

~ Baseball season has started. I’m not a huge fan but baseball means spring & summer and that excites me. Let’s not forget the Barry Bonds scandal. It's added a bit of spice this season and I just love a good scandal.

~ Spending some time at Chuck E. Cheese this weekend. Nuff said.

~ Anyone else noticed that low-fat muffins sold at fine coffee chains around the country have the same consistency as rubber?

~ Why are all Trader Joe’s parking lots so darned crowded?

~ If someone warned you that when you have children you will catch at least 4-6 colds/viruses a year, would you still have them? That’s a joke. Of course, you would still have them. Right? Right?

Have a great weekend!

7 comments:

WoodChuck said...

Rain. We were supposed to get A LOT of it. They sent kids home from school early today expecting heavy storms with tornados. Lucky kiddos...it's been dry as a bone.

ArtfulDodger said...

It was pouring here this morning and then turned into the most beautiful day of the year so far, and I'm still stuck at work. Now that I do hate.

And baseball does at least signal spring, Barry is guilty as sin, Chuck E Cheese is in league with satan, muffins should never be low-fat (eat something else!), because no one's car works, and yes, I would stil have had the kid. Worth every cold. :)

TJ said...

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you are likely to pick up your yearly quota of 4-6 colds during your one visit to Chuck E. Cheese alone.

You might want to practice some preventive medicine and knock yourself out with extra-strength Nyquil before you go...

And 'W' is for Witty---which describes your post.

Kent said...

I LOVE your writing.

~Rain sucks.

~Yea summer!

~Chuck E. Cheese...I don't think I have the strength.

~LOVE the rubber muffins.

~TJ's is crowded because of the berries and the tangerine juice.

~ (twidling thumbs) I'm still thinking!

Annalis said...

Chuck - Oh yeah, we're drowning over here, but it's never enough to close schools unless your school just slid down the hill.

Art - Yes, I agree about the kids.

TJ - haha, I think I'll shower in the hand sanitizer while I'm there.

Kent - I LOVE your comments! Are you still thinking?

WDKY said...

Hey, Anna... I just googled Chuck E Cheese and it looks terrifying in there. I'm with you on the cold thing, though... I just picked one up from mine, and apparently it made me snore last night :-(

Anteros said...

I was surprised it didn't flood actually after this last week of rain. This is an odd year for Ca.