Monday, April 17, 2006

Escape


I have just returned from an amazing weekend down south, San Diego to be exact. I just love this city. I met a friend, K and was treated like a queen. We shopped, we ate, we drank and had all kinds of merriment.

I rarely get away alone and I took total advantage. Unfortunately, I over did it a bit and had several drinks the first day. Damn lemon drops…so tasty. Oh and several local beers. I just love the beer don’t you? Well, as you can imagine it didn’t take long before I was three sheets to the wind or something like that. Why do hangovers get so much worse with age? Poor K, I was very close to losing my lunch in his BMW. Luckily, a quick nap was all I needed to get back in the game. Oh and I can’t forget the massage, thank you K. Later, we shopped, ate some first-rate food drank a few more beers, visited a couple of really cool bars and had a lot of amazing conversation.

Overall, a very memorable weekend that ended to quickly. I miss K already. He was an incredible host and is an extraordinary person. I’m already planning my next trip.

3 comments:

ArtfulDodger said...

Glad you had a great trip. I love san Diego and was just there a couple of months ago myself.

WDKY said...

Sounds great! I did lemon drops by the dozen when I was in Tenerife last summer... my head still hurts and it's April!

Kent said...

Damn. Sounds like fun. Call me next time you're in town.