Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Hope vs. Hopeless

It is time to reflect a time to ponder what last year brought or wrought. I make no New Years resolutions and I never have. I'll never stick to them and who wants to fail so early in a new year? My only desire is hope. This is an old wish and depending on what’s going on in my life more important some years than others. Hope…a simple four-letter word. It can be addicting as a drug and boy do I jones for it. I hope for many things including the usual laundry list most people hope for in their day to days plus a few non-conventional items. I want to believe if you have hope that the rest will fall into place. Hope drives action and creates determination.

It’s been a bumpy year for me full of ups and downs. I’m not complaining. I made choices some tough and some very easy and I’m living with the fall out. I’m a bit afraid of what the future will bring but I have hope…hope that I will find my way.


NYE Recap

Note to Self:

Annalis, you cannot drink as you could ten years ago so quit pretending as if you can. You will suffer and suffer and suffer some more. Girl, get a clue.

My god people what was I thinking. Well, I know what I was thinking…Annalis, you haven’t been out on New Years Eve in 10 years so let’s go crazy, let's get nuts. Therefore, I overindulged just a bit. It was immature to say the least, fun but stupid. I paid the price and yesterday as I was trying to do very quiet things with my kids I promised myself that I would never drink that much ever again. Hmmm…maybe I do have a New Years resolution after all. Failure's always an option...right?

6 comments:

ArtfulDodger said...

It has been a year of change, that's for sure, but having and holding onto hope is what makes tomorrow worth living. I have hope for you as well. Happy New Year beautiful.

Annalis said...

Art, thank you and Happy New Year to you!

Anonymous said...

Always have hope - it pays off.

Happy New Year Annalis!

Annalis said...

kd ~ It's so nice to see you back! Thank you and Happy New Year to you.

Mad Munkey said...

Leaping angels of dreams seek our heads, ravage our dreams and taunt our lives.

Annalis said...

MM ~ please tell me more...