Thursday, September 14, 2006

Sometimes the hardest things and the right things are the same…

I’m in currently in the process of finding a new place to live. It’s exciting and scary all at the same time. I lived alone prior to my marriage and I quite enjoyed it. Now, I won’t be alone. I’ll have the kids most of the time…but still this is something that I find amazingly freeing. My own place with no ties to the ex. They say it’s the little things and ‘they’ are right. Can’t wait to decorate and place all my stuff wherever I damn well please. It will be a rental so I can only go so crazy but I’ll get my own place soon enough and I am thrilled.

Huh, the end of my marriage and I’m excited about decorating…yes, maybe I need some help. Help, decorating that is…can someone say cynical. Yeah, I may have an inner slut but I also have an inner bitch and they get along quite well. I heart me. Feel the love.

6 comments:

Trouble said...

Nothing wrong with that, there is something INCREDIBLY therapeutic for us womenfolks about feathering our OWN nest exactly the way we like it.

The first weekend after my ex FINALLY moved out and the divorce was final, I painted my master bedroom, put up new curtains, and re-arranged the furniture. I finally felt like it was MINE. Having it look nothing like the room we lived in together was very freeing.

in fact, it's common for both men and women do engage in this kind of thing. My boyfriend did it too.

Kent said...

You know I've been told that I have quite the eye for interior decorating...

Anonymous said...

It's not just women that feel like this, believe me.

Errr, did you say decorating?

Hill Billy Rave said...

More power to you.

TJ said...

I could relate to alot of what you wrote here--it doesn't seem that long ago that I was at the same point you are now.

It is an exciting and scary time. Enjoy your new freedom.

And for the record, I heart you too...

:)

ArtfulDodger said...

Well, I for one don't think it's weird, I certainly enjoyed the last month and getting my new place together. I'm sure you will do great! :)