Monday, June 26, 2006

Still alive and kicking…

I’d like to write that everything is moving along nicely with the divorce, but that would be a lie and anyone that has ever been through this (and you know who you are) it’s a roller coaster ride from hell. One day I think everything is going along as planned and then I’m confronted with another roadblock. Nothing and I mean nothing is easy. I’m doing my best not to become bitter. To not let this control every move or decision, but that’s what’s happening. I may never get married again. Didn’t I just say I was not going to become bitter? Well, I lied.

I recently had a fantastic weekend in San Francisco with Kent. He came up from San Diego. We shopped, ate some really great food and got our art on at the SF MOMA. We went east to an Oakland A’s game which was quite the event, seventeen innings to be exact. Good times.

I am officially a ‘soccer mom’ and I’m not sure how I feel about that title. I say official since my kids now play soccer. I realize that this is a generic title for a white suburban mom that schleps her kids to various extra curricular activities. Is this a good thing? Makes me feel old. I have always felt the need to fight conformity. Oh well, I am a mom who loves her kids enough to look past the moniker. I will be one with the burbs and all that goes with it. At least for now.

8 comments:

ArtfulDodger said...

Good to hear from you! Yeah, going through the beginnings of mine now and it has already started going back and forth. Yeesh. Not looking forward to this, but it has to be done I suppose.

Hang in there!

WDKY said...

Yes, you're right, Anna. But it's a finite process, and then you can brush the dust off and you have a whole new life ahead of you. I'm here if you need to talk about it, or bounce anything off me, anyway.

Incidentally, aren't the terms "Soccer Mom" and "MILF" interchangeable?

PS Glad you're okay, I was worried about you x

Kent said...

'Schlep' is the coolest word in the world. Right up there with 'diva.'

P.S. SF was amazing. Just like you, Gorgeous.

Earth Rooster said...

Thanks for the mention of me in your post. See if you get invited to an A's game again.

Annalis said...

MM - Thank you for the kind words. I've never dated a Canadian, so my experience is limited. Honestly, I think you're picking the wrong American women. So, try try again. American women rock. Even if they happen to be soccer moms.

Art - You hang in there, too. Sucks, but I have no doubt we'll be happier in the end.

wdky - Thanks! I can't wait for it to be over. Feels like forever. Hmmmm...soccer mom or MILF? I'd like to think I was both. Maybe I'll get T-shirts made and watch the reactions. I think being a MILF would be much more fun...

Kent - Thank you, baby.

Rooster - *shameful* Sorry I didn't mention you. Now I feel bad and unMILF like.

PM - I agree with what you, a second marriage sounds really scary after all this pain and suffering. Although, deep down I believe in true love and want that again. Does it mean I have to be married? Not necessarily, but I don't want to remain closed to the idea either. We all grow and change with time and experience.

The Seeker said...

Soooo.. you are all like... Stepford?

Annalis said...

God, Seeker, I hope not. Thanks for the comparison...

The Seeker said...

Good, then I'll bring the ankle cuffs and nipple clamps...